Credit and Collections Manager
Reviews new customers for credit approval. Contacts members with delinquent accounts, initiates appropriate
action, and maintains records. Reports to Controller or Chief Financial Officer.
- Reviews status of delinquent accounts and initiates collection action by contacting each account according to due date.
- Notifies sales account managers of delinquent accounts according to due dates.
- Prepares correspondence on delinquent accounts requiring special handling.
- Reviews accounts daily and reports to outside collector any accounts that need personal contact.
- Initiates appropriate follow-up action on mail returned as undeliverable.
- Researches disputed delinquent account balances. Corrects any errors, including misapplied payments, reversed late charges, direct deposit errors, and overpayments from insurance errors.
- Prepares paperwork for small claims court on accounts three months past due, or sends paperwork to attorney for any balances not filed in civil court. Records any judgments with county clerk and reports to the credit bureau.
- Reviews accounts to be recommended for write-off and assists in report preparation.
- Participates in the monthly A/R meeting and reports status of all delinquent accounts assigned.
- Responsible for neatness of work area, security of customer account files, and reports of delinquent accounts.
- Generates reports for management.
- Assists in special projects as requested.
- Associate's Degree in business, or equivalent, and three years experience in credit and collection work.
- Has a working knowledge of PACA, the Red Book, the Blue Book, the Fair Debt Collection Act and state and
federal laws concerning collection activities.
Job Description Top Page