Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Review, evaluate and analyze work environments and design programs and procedures to control,
eliminate, and prevent disease or injury caused by chemical, physical, and biological agents
or ergonomic factors.
- May conduct inspections and enforce adherence to laws and regulations governing the health and
safety of individuals.
- Recommends measures to ensure maximum employee protection.
- Collaborates with engineers and physicians to institute control and remedial measures for hazardous
and potentially hazardous conditions of equipment.
- Participates in educational meetings to instruct employees in matters pertaining to occupational
health and prevention of accidents.
- Prepares reports including observations, analysis of contaminants, and recommendation for control
and correction of hazards.
- Reviews physicians’ reports and conducts worker studies to determine if diseases or
illnesses are job-related.
- Investigates adequacy of ventilation, exhaust equipment, lighting, and other conditions
which may affect employee health, comfort, or efficiency.
- Conducts evaluations of exposure to ionizing and non-ionizing radiation and
- Prepares documents to be used in legal proceedings and gives testimony in court proceedings.
- Associate’s degree (two year college or technical school) and/or 3-7 years related experience
- Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely
- Ability to look beyond the standard solutions and deal proactively with work-related problems
- Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information
- Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situation
- Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or
to defend a position or idea
- Ability to make decision or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal
- Proficient in Microsoft programs and internet research
- OSHA Safety regulation certification
- CPR first aid trainer certification
Return to Job Description Top Page